- 24 Januari Installed a tweaked version of wget a webinterface
to dict dictionary server.
- 23 December Added a link to the giFT web interface,
a great file sharing application for nix!
- 27 November Fixed Sara and added an SNMP based system statistics
page to the MRTG page, also reconfigured
Ipac so it monitors with more detail and uses MRTG for output.
- 27 October Removed saint and replaced it with sara, also updated
all the menus.
- 14 October Installed a wrapper script to rblcheck using
a huge list of blacklists.
- 11 September Installed a ftp server(ProFTPD) to
serve all the files in the download section over ftp.
- 23 August Got a new cable modem (Motorola SB4100E) and ip.
So the entire site is addapted to the new gateway and at the same
time I changed the various network tools to reflect the changed routing:
made the Mrtg page a lot smaller, changed Netsaint etc. Besides this
I also terminated my Hetnet account, so also because of that I removed
all larger downloads (Apache for example) and made some changes.
- 14 May Added some virus info from Sophos to the info page.
- 28 April Joined the seti.nl webring, check out the seti.nl
menu at the main site.
- 14 March Added a php based guestbook.
- 19 November finally added some more text, this time a technical
- 29 Oktober Added a banner script.
- 11 Oktober Gave the scroll bar a colour (ie only).
- 3 Oktober Added a Nimba counter, just numbers no ip's, but
this nonsense has had its time
- 8 September Added the cool bandwidth bar from kernel.org to the main
- 4 September Finally got my old Pentium 200 back so I could
install Dnews and MRTG on that machine, which should make this site
a bit faster.
- 18 August The Gnotella web interface didn't seem to work
from behind a linux firewall so I replaced it with BearShare, same functionality
only a better looking page and a more mature program.
- 17 August Noticed that Dshields dynamic banner has fallen
and can't get up so I replaced with my own version of my providers
status page that I was using for my own amusement for some time. It
is only in Dutch by the way. Also put the gnotella web interface online
so you can now download a shitload of mp3's from this site!!
- 20 June Added an online bandwidth test to the site. This
we don't screw up the Internet just by testing it like so many others
. Perhaps I will upload the test page to some or all of the homepage
servers I use for the images later so you could really test your connection
even if you're a broadband user. Right now you're limited to my 128kbit
(upstream) server, and since you can choose to summit the results
I hope you will provide me with some useful details about how fast
my visitors are actually connected to this site.
- 14 June Added a script that tries to guess what browser
you're using. Mainly because some problems just are really hard to
prevent and it's better to say something about them then.
- 12 June Filled the old gap that the closed 'internet weather
report' left with a real weather station this time. This one uses
various sources and can display most cities throughout the world,
but US users do get a lot better functionality. Still this was the
best one I could find, and besides an image on the mainpage I also
added it to the tools page so you can check it out yourself and even
use it on your homepage directly from this server!!
- 25 May Replaced the old Flash detection script by a new
detection is much better, look here for more info. Also
made a few links to Flash only versions for those scenarios where
the script just doesn't detect Flash and redirects you to the non-Flash
version of the site.
- 21 May Made a special page describing how to use Dnews on
this server. Mainly because there seem to be a lot of visitors lately
looking for this.
- 9May Added a Google searchbox to the main page...Google
25 March Found a cool java script to display handy popups when you
move your mouse over a link or click on it, like this one: Click here!
I will use it to make some things clearer and
by doing so make the page even more user friendly
Download section updated.
- 27 February Updated the Download page and
also added some scripts. Replaced the old download scripts and gave
the counter a reset.
- 5 February Made a CSS to replace the old
Frontpage tables, this makes the pages a lot better readable and adds
a nice rollover effect too, hope you like it.
- 30 January Removed 7Search from the site and replaced it with a more generic
search script. You can now query the most important searchengines
through a drop down list and more important: I can add new searchengines
easily! Also added an Internet Explorer 5+ favorite icon to free myself
of the errors IE causes in case it isn't there and fixed some more
small errors like that
- 22 January Created non-Flash version of the site. All pages
who use Flash objects now check if Flash is installed. If not a page
which uses imagemaps instead of Flash objects is loaded automatically.
Finally I can view my site with BeOS!! Also added an ICQ status indicator
on the site and linked it with a slightly altered local version of
my "Personal ICQ Web
Communication Center". Used the forms at www.icq.com to do this and
removed the link to the "Personal ICQ Homepage" myself afterwards. Why would
you want to convert your ICQ software into a webserver when you already
have the best web server there is, Apache??
- 16 January Added Music to my site, the right way I meen:
Real Server live encoded feed of Dutch radio station Radio 3FM!!
- 13 January Added Perlfect to the main page. This is a searchengine script
that creates a database from a site. So you can now search all (well,
nearly all) pages of this site like you normally do with for example
- 8 January Created Dutch and English pages for Visual Route
and replaced most of the refers to the traceroute script with links
Route server afterwards. This is especially handy with MRTG!!
- 7 January Made a Duth version of the site and linked it
with the main page. Translated also most of my scripts into Dutch
and adjusted the Flash objects, and the varios other objects on je
pages for this section. And finally I joined a banner exchange project
whose banner you can find in the main section.
- 3 January Added a Flash clock to the main page, this is
based on the example I found here. It displays YOUR time so you can compare it with
mine which is ntp synchronized to Central European Time (CET).
- 1 January In case you're wondering: Yes the counter has
- 31 December Added birdtalk.cgi to the main page. This script
allows you to send others an e-mail with a link to this site. Works
very nice, is fast and best of all allows me to do some promotion,
, in a surfer friendly way... got it from cgiresources .
I also found a similar script there to handle mail to my postmaster
account and a script to handle webserver errors. So no more boring
apache error pages, but customized nice looking ones.
- 25 December Finally put MRTG on the website. I'm using the
Webmon-MRTG and the MRTG-Ping-Probe pluggins to watch the same list
of hosts I used for Webmon. Also changed most of the pages layout.
This replaces the old Webmon script. Looks very usefull so far...
- 24 December Added a Portscan script. This script does an
nmap scan on your IP-address so you can see if that firewall of yours
(if any!) is working. The script is a combination of the remoteaddr.cgi
and trace.cgi scripts already installed on this system. As a result
these scripts are also updated to look a bit more like the rest of
the site. Finally I installed Tomcat and
so the server can now run jsp pages, servlets and XML...mostly for fun
and education for now.
- 11 December Changed the Dnewsweb look to match the site's
layout some more. Also integrated Netsaint into the website, it now
has a cool flash menu, so there's no need for second browser windows
and passwords anymore, hope you like it!!
- 9 December Joined the Links-To-You program. Mainly because I'm curious
what effect something like this will have.
Also signed up for 7Search.
Use the search form on the main page to check it out.
- 5 December Replaced the old button menu's with flash versions.
These are a lot smaller and work a lot better too!! Also added a counter
script to display the total visitors count on the main page. This
script is also used to display time and date and has many other features,
look here for details.
- 27 November Replaced the flash menu with a better one, this
one should be better clickable and is also updated for the new site
layout. Moved the tools to a separate section and also added a personal
(protected) section. Especially rewriting the Flash menu took a lot
of time (with all the links changed and stuff...) but I got to admit
that I love the Flash interface even more every time I use it!!
- 21 November Replaced the download script with a better one,
works pretty good I think!!
- 19 November Replaced the old big menu in the top frame with
a lot smaller Flash only version. Added bookmarker to the available
web tools and put up three new sections: About,News and Downloads
- 12 October-18 November 2000
Site was created 12 October . Click on this link to look at the original site. Since then the
site has been altered numerous times. I made a frameset version, added
a navigation menu and added lots of graphics. Click here to have a look at the final version.
For more news you can always browse some
usenet groups through this web interface!!
© JB 2000